Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

     I don't know about you guys, but I am ecstatic about the second hobbit movie coming out! J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit are books I have grown up with. They were always my go-to books on a rainy day. So how cool is it that they are now movies!?

     The first hobbit movie was amazing! I watched the BBC's Sherlock series, so I love seeing Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch(we call him cucumberpatch in my house) play together, though Benedict Cumberbatch didn't really make an appearance in the first Hobbit movie. I also saw, several years ago BBC's Robin Hood, which was not nearly as good as Sherlock, but still somewhat entertaining. Anyway, my absolute favorite character was Guy of Gisborne, played by Richard Armatige(aka Arm Pit). So, I was screaming on the inside with every other girl who watched Thorin Oakenshield defeat the mighty Azog with only a Oaken stump!

     I remember writing a christian analysis of The Hobbit in high school English. Bilbo is just an amazing image of courage, loyalty, selflessness and perseverance. He goes through so much, but still he wants to help the dwarfs to regain their home land from the dragon Smaug.

I can't wait until The Desolation of Smaug comes out in just a few days on December 13th! I'll be there on opening night! :)

Madam Mocha

No comments:

Post a Comment